Waka Kotahi has advised the following
Since the slip on Friday 19 August, the coast road between Fisherman’s Table and Pukerua Bay has been closed for the clean-up and to protect road users if there are further slips. It will be closed for a few more weeks for hillside safety works to reduce the risk further.
The road has become a worksite with barriers to keep people out for their safety.
- Please do not enter the slip control works area on the hill.
- People using the off-road beach walking track to bypass the works can use the path beside the seawall to head north once they leave the layby at the bottom of the hill.
- Please do not walk or cycle on the road north of the layby as work trucks are using the area and road repairs are also being done. Stick to the path.
- A path has been created from the beach walking track around the layby at the bottom of the hill with a barrier to keep you safe from moving machinery.
- Access via the beach walking track depends on the weather and high tides. Please exercise caution.
- We will continually monitor the situation to see when it will safe for pedestrians and road users to return to the road past the slip area.
Please contact: email@example.com with your queries.