May 2021 Residents’ Association meeting minutes

(DRAFT)
Tuesday May 11th 2021
Pukerua Bay RSA, 5-7 Wairaka Road

Present: Paul FitzGerald, Margaret Blair, Kate Dreaver, Mel Galletly, Moira Lawler, Josh Trlin (PCC), Jenny Brash (GWRC), Nikky Winchester, Mike Jebson
Apologies: Jonathan Harker, Chris Kirk-Burnand (GWRC), Tess Law, Iain McClean, Pauline Morum
Minutes of Last Meeting – correction of spelling of Nikky’s name

Motion to receive: moved Moira, seconded Kate, motion carried.

Matters arising

None.

Porirua City Council (PCC) update

Long Term Plan (LTP) keeping us busy – hearings start tomorrow. Wellington Water building a large sewer containment tank north of Porirua rail station to help mitigate sewer overflow.

Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC) update

GWRC busy with LTP hearings next week. Discussion on National Policy Statement on Urban Development – clashing with local government District Plans. Whaitua Implementation programme – Jenny trying to get it into the LTP. Good support for electrification of transport, reforesting parks and harbour action.

Financial Report

Balances:

BNZ 00 account $6221.75
BNZ 25 account $100.10

Income:

00 $250.00 Tommy’s Real Estate/Kōrero
25 $15.00 2022 Calendar

Expenditure: Flying Colours/Kōrero $501.40
Invoices Outstanding: 2021-012 McClean Electrical Services $50

Motion to receive financial report: Moved Margaret, seconded Paul, motion carried.

Correspondence

Jenny Wrightson re signage for Pou on beach, and Tess Law re SH1 crossing near Onepu Road. A letter from Council on work planned for Ara Harakeke shared pathway work and Wairaka Road intersection work.

Progress on Action Items

(Not included in project updates): none

Projects Update

He Ara Pukerua

Panels: Preparation of further panels continues. The large panel for Centennial Highway will be made public at an event to coincide with the opening of Transmission Gully.

Road block/tank trap: Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga supports He Ara Pukerua’s submission to include this place in the Proposed Porirua District Plan, subject to it meeting the values listed in HH-P1

(HH-P1 Identify historic heritage that contributes to an understanding and appreciation of the history and cultures of Porirua City, the Wellington Region or New Zealand and is significant in terms of one or more of the following values: Historic values; Physical values; Social values; Tangata whenua values; Surroundings; Rarity; or Representativeness.)

On April 21 at 2:44pm the story of 𝗔 𝘄𝗮𝗿-𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗱𝘆 𝗮𝘁 𝗣𝘂𝗸𝗲𝗿𝘂𝗮 𝗕𝗮𝘆 was posted on the He Ara Pukerua Facebook page. This post has now been seen by 57,936 people, commented on by 185, shared by 223, liked by 458 with 14,447 engagements.

Food Forest/Community Garden

Going well. Had a working bee during the school holidays that went well. More people coming along with enthusiasm. Discussed the garden group being a committee of the Residents Association. A member of the group will come to the next meeting to discuss.

Village Plan Review

27 responses so far. Agreed to promote newsletter at various locations:

July 15 at RSA Pat/Moira
July 17 Coffee cart Nikky
July 22 3-5pm Library Paul
Mel to deliver posters

Executive committee handbook

Paul and Nikky have met. Jon is going to document our technology processes, Margaret our financial information. Jon is posting minutes on the website.

Kōrero (Newsletter)

Next edition out early July – Matariki theme. There was a discussion about essential services/facilities based on the repeat questions on FB. A school report and kindy report would also be good.

Action Items

  • Paul to chase up NZTA to get an update on roading revocation and other issues.
  • Paul speaking on Residents Association submission to Council tomorrow.
  • Paul also sent a further submission to summary of submission on the District Plan responding to the Kainga Ora submission request a 6 storey zone around the PKB train station. Residents such as Mike Jebson also made private submissions. It would be good to get together a group interested in development issues to lead responses on district plan and other land use issues.

General Business

Residents Association website – looking good. Jon will post the list of local groups and businesses. We are asked to look at the list to check its accuracy.

Tess Law sent through maps on roading improvements needed to get pedestrians across SH1 in the Onepu Te Pari Pari Road areas. Tess has sent apologies as she has just had new baby. Will defer to later meeting.

Trees on Teihana Road getting dangerous and need trimming. Paul reports there is a plan to trim them.

Meeting ended: 8.57pm
Next meeting: Tuesday 8 June 2021

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: