The Pukerua Bay Residents’ Association and Pukerua Bay Hub are working together co-ordinate support within the village for people who will be confined to their homes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you need help, or think you may need help in the future, please:
We have created a network of street groups so we can all support each other and make sure the most vulnerable people have someone who is in contact with them.
We have organised a network of:
- People who can be a Street Champion in their street to make sure everyone who might need help has been contacted
- People who can provide assistance to their neighbours
They are co-ordinators and contact points for people needing assistance, and people who are offering to help. If you or anyone you know needs some help, you can contact then through our online ‘Ask For Help’ form.
Here are some questions to consider and to ask neighbours:
- Would you like a daily phone call from a neighbour?
- Might you need help with urgent shopping and medical supplies?
- Will you be able to get any medical attention you might need?
- Do you have other concerns you would like to talk to someone about?
- Do you have supplies of pet food and have you arranged for dogs to be walked if you become unwell? ( SPCA are reminding us to plan for the care of our pets. Dogs and cats cannot spread or catch this virus)
- Are you able to do shopping or pick up medical supplies for neighbours? What else can we do to support each other in our neighbourhood?
- Please make contact with me by phone or email. I will not share contact details with anybody else even in our street. If you are able to offer help, or if you need help, contact me and I will facilitate things.
- We are not recommending you make any personal contact but communicate by phone or email only.
- Supermarkets: please register with your supermarket for ordering and delivery of groceries.
- Pharmacies: we suggest that you arrange for payment by internet banking so people collecting things for you (doorstop delivery) are not involved in payment.
(Thanks to Plimmerton RA for these questions. Feel free to add your own.)