The NZTA contractors have been busy little beavers lately, fixing the debris fence and retaining wall above Brendon Beach. Now, they’re about to start on the retaining wall on the sea side of the layby near the Three Sisters Rocks.
A new crib wall is being built on the seaward side of the lane between the two laybys to replace the one which has been almost destroyed by storms and constant strong wave action.
- From Wednesday 10 July for three weeks — weather permitting.
- Work will be conducted during the day.
- The laybys and lane will become a worksite and will be closed to traffic.
- Minimal impact on traffic — all work will be off the road but there will be trucks coming and going.
- The shared path beside the road will remain open to pedestrians and cyclists throughout the works.